Main Library Meeting Rooms
Meeting Room Policies
Meeting rooms at the Main Library are more heavily used than those at the branches. Please review the General Meeting Room Policies in additional to the following:
- Written application for use of meeting rooms must be submitted to the Circulation Department.
- Meeting rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may be reserved until the end of the current calendar year. Applications for the following year will be accepted beginning September 1st.
- Meeting rooms are available to groups on a regular basis not more than once a month.
Rooms are available during the following hours:
Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 6:45pm
Friday 9 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 1 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Equipment must be requested upon application.
Groups are responsible for notifying the Circulation Department as soon as possible in the event of cancellations or postponements.
Facilities & Equipment
Room A—capacity 80
Room B—capacity 49
Rooms A & B combined—capacity 130
Small kitchen equipped with microwave, stovetop, sink, small refrigerator and 3 coffee makers
Special equipment available for use in the meeting rooms:
- 25-inch TV monitor with DVD/VCR player
- Slide projector
- Overhead projector
- Projection screen
Please note: Advance notice is required at time of application to secure special equipment.
Room A provides one table and one chair at front, with a theater arrangement of 30 chairs.
Room B provides 7 tables and 25 chairs in a workshop arrangement.
Groups with special furniture arrangement needs may rearrange and/or add furniture as needed. All groups are responsible for returning chairs and tables to their original positions at the conclusion of their meetings.
Please note: Advance notice is required at the time of application in order to secure additional furniture.
Two smaller study rooms with tables and chairs and a capacity of 8 are available through registration with the Reference Department on the 2nd floor. Call 727-1312 for information or reservations.
The scheduling policy for meeting rooms at the Main Library is slightly different.
- Call Cavarda or Sandy at 757-727-1154 to verify that the requested date is available.
- A completed application form is required before the booking can be considered.
- Forms may be hand-delivered, mailed to the address below, or faxed to 757-315-3720.
- Applications are accepted no earlier than the start of business on September 1st for the following year.
Hampton Public Library
4207 Victoria Boulevard
Hampton, VA 23669
Att: Meeting Rooms