Plans, and Reports
City of Hampton Stormwater Strategic Plan – This strategic plan provides an outline of the division’s structure and serves as a road map for the operation, management, and maintenance of stormwater systems throughout Hampton.
- Appendix 1: 2017 City of Hampton Draft Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Program Plan
- Appendix 2: 2017 Pre-Rain and Post-Rain Drainage Areas
- Appendix 3: 2017 Mosquito Control Pesticide Discharge Management Plan
- Appendix 4: Mosquito Fish (Gambusia holbrooki) Relocation Program
- Appendix 5: Marbled Salamander (Ambystoma opacum) Bio-monitoring Program
- Appendix 6: 2017 Aquatic Pesticide Discharge Management Plan
- Appendix 7: FY18 Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination (IDDE) Procedures Manual
- Appendix 8: FY18 IDDE Procedures Manual Appendices
- Appendix 9: Summary Table of IDDE Representative Outfalls
- Appendix 10: Newmarket Creek Maintenance Agreement
- Appendix 11: Off-Road Ditch Maintenance Program USACE Permit Coverage and Pre-Construction Notification Figures for Zones 3, 4, and 7
- Appendix 12: Summary Table of Off-Road Ditch Maintenance Program Assessment and Prioritization of Zones 3, 4, and 7
- Appendix 13: City of Hampton Stormwater Operations Division 10-Year Outfall Ditch Maintenance Schedule
- Appendix 14: Environmental Services Plan
- Combined Hampton Stormwater Strategic Plan and MS4 Permit
Drainage Maintenance Plan – The drainage maintenance plan captures and formalizes maintenance information and details the Division’s plan for stormwater management.
Stormwater Operations Plan – This plan includes mission statement, goals, and objectives of the Stormwater Division.
PW Operations Yard Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) – The purpose of the SWPPP is to provide requirements for pollution prevention efforts. The plan outlines our approach to control sediment and pollutants and prevent them from flowing into surface water.
Chesapeake Bay TMDL Action Plan – The City is required to submit a Chesapeake TMDL Action Plan to the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (VDEQ).
Back River Bacteria TMDL Action Plan – The City is authorized to discharge stormwater from municipal-owned or operated storm sewer outfalls. This permit requires the City to address pollutions of concern (POC) in accordance with state requirements. This document details the plan for pollutants of concern in the Back River in York County.
The City of Hampton MS4 Permit – The Clean Water Act authorizes the City to discharge from municipal-owned or operated storm sewer outfalls in accordance with total maximum daily load (TMDL) requirements.
MS4 Annual Report – The City of Hampton is required to provide an annal report of the City’s implementation, reporting requirements, and effectiveness of the MS4 permit requirements.
Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination Procedures Manual – This document serves as an illicit discharge detection and elimination (IDDE) guidance manual for the City of Hampton.
Pre-Rain Post-Rain Inspection Areas
Drainage Hot Spots – The Stormwater Division checks various drainage hot spots throughout the city regularly to ensure proper drainage in areas of concern.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Catch basins and yard drains
- Ditches and drain pipes
- Illegal dumping
- Stormwater billing
- Mosquito Transmitted Diseases
- Larvicide and Aerial Spray
Environmental Plans and Protocols
- Environmental Services Plan
- Mosquito Pesticide Discharge Plan
- Aquatic Pesticide Discharge Plan
- Emergency Spill Protocol
- Dry Weather Plan
- The Pollinator Protection Plan
Pest Protection Resources
- Protecting yourself from tick bites
- Mosquito Control Measures
- Virginia Mosquito Control Association
- Mid-Atlantic Mosquito Control Association
- American Mosquito Control Association
- Virginia Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Information about Mosquitoes
- Information about Rodents