The holiday season is here and departments and division offices are invited to “deck the halls” with the holiday spirit.
Departments are encouraged to break into divisions and smaller groups. For example, West Hampton Community Center, Northampton Library, Fire Station #1, and the Planning Division are all encouraged to enter.
Begin brainstorming ideas that will transform the work place into a winter wonderland but be sure to follow these guidelines:
• Decorations may not obstruct or prevent easy access to the office and door handles must remain visible and operational.
• Do not use materials that will damage doors or office walls.
• No nails, tacks, or staples may be put into the doors and all adhesives used must be full removable.
• Live plants and greenery are NOT permissible.
• Do not use electrical cords that can become caught in doorjambs.
• All decorations must be removed from doors by close of business on Wednesday, Dec. 30.
To be eligible to win, a photo of the door must be submitted to Marketing by close of business on Monday, Dec. 14.
Any decorations containing materials deemed offensive by Administration or found not in compliance of the rules listed above will be immediately disqualified and the office will be asked to remove the decorations. These will not be judged.
The winner will be announced on Friday, Dec. 18, and awarded with a Pizza Party for the office (at the time of their choosing).
Register for the contest by the close of business Monday, Dec. 14. To register, e-mail Marketing at email@example.com with a clear high-resolution color picture of your decorated door. Be sure to include your building, floor number, and participating staff.
Online judging will take place Wednesday-Thursday, Dec. 16-17.